London Gay Symphonic Winds
Invite You to “Let’s Dance!”
7:30pm on Saturday 21st April 2018
St. Mary-at-Hill, Lovat Lane, London EC3R 8EE
Many Kenric members will already be aware of the LGSW, being regulars at the band’s concerts and bandstand gigs. Here we find out more about their next concert, and go behind the scenes with flute-playing Kenric member Pat Langford.
Plus there’s the chance to win a pair of concert tickets!
|Comedian Cally Beaton will be compèring “Let’s Dance!”.
Photo: Cally Beaton website
On Saturday 21st April, London Gay Symphonic Winds will take to the floor with an evening of music designed to make you move! Their “Let’s Dance!” concert will twirl you into an exciting programme of music written for dancing, waltzing through Shostakovich, strutting through Stravinsky and even getting down with some more modern disco favourites. If you ever wanted to hear Steps, Kylie and Bowie performed by a group of 40 LGBT musicians, this is the concert for you.
The band promises an evening of fun and engaging wind band music, all compèred by the delightful Cally Beaton of QI fame.
Here’s a preview of the programme…
- Let’s Dance! / David Bowie
- New World Dances / Martin Ellerby
- Confide In Me / Kylie Minogue
- Pulcinella Suite / Igor Stravinsky
- Sun Dance / Frank Ticheli
- Steps Overture / Various
- Suite of Old American Dances / Robert Russell Bennett
- Waltz No. 2 / Shostakovich
- Symphonic Dances from Fiddler on the Roof / Jerry Bock
- 5 Spanish Dances / Moritz Moszkowski
- 4 Scottish Dances / Malcolm Arnold
Tickets: £7.50 Link: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/lgsw
Find out more about the band