On this page we are compiling a list of interesting and relevant resources. If you would like to have a link considered, please get in touch
UK organisations and resources
- Lesbian Therapist Directory – The Lesbian Therapist Directory is an online nationwide directory for finding a lesbian identified therapist; counsellors and psychotherapists on the Directory offer a range of styles and approaches.
- LGBT Archive – The UK LGBT Archive records the history and memories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people living in the UK. The link for the Kenric entry is: Kenric
- Safer Places – is an Essex wide service for those who are suffering from domestic abuse and is aimed specifically at those from the LGBT community. Safer Places also have a number of refuges for those at high risk.
- Stonewall is a national organisation working across Great Britain that has campaigned for justice and equality for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people since 1989.
- Gay-friendly wedding venues – an online directory of gay friendly wedding venues and services. Find the perfect venue for your perfect day.
- Silverweed for women – Jewellery-making courses in Wales for women
- Time Out – Needs no introduction! And for Londoners visit Time Out London, highlighting this month’s events and providing accommodation and sightseeing information, with its section for gay and lesbian visitors, and more.
- Gay Surrey is an integral part of the community and offers a comprehensive guide to bars, clubs, organisations, what’s on in Surrey and much more.
- Hastings and Rother Rainbow Alliance is an organisation that is working to support the Lesbian, gay, Bisexual and Transgender local community around Hastings and Rother.
- Lesbian Link Brighton – is a social network for lesbian women living in and around Brighton and Hove as well as in East and West Sussex. The group has close ties with Radclyffe’s, Hastings Rainbow Alliance and Kenric. All ages welcome.
- Outline-Surrey – Surrey LGBT Switchboard Tuesday and Sunday 19.30 – 22.00 Tel: 01483 727 667 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pink Ladies – female-only taxi service in London.
- Remnants Hockey Club – SE London and Kent‘s only predominantly lesbian hockey club. Teams in Div 1 and Div 5 Kent league. New players always welcome.
- Waltzing with Hilda – a women-only Ballroom and Latin dance club in North London (est’d 1993).
- Women’s Link – Home Counties-based lesbian social group. With a membership of over 120 women from all walks of life, we are a diverse and friendly group. We hold several social events each month in local venues and members homes.
Holidays and leisure
- Bambú – is a self-catering exclusively-lesbian country house hotel, in beautiful Andalucia, Spain. Perfect for exploring beaches, lively seaside towns, mountain villages and historic cities. And for enjoying the company of other travellers like you.
- Chymorgen – House of Morgan – is a warm, welcoming and peaceful place where you can enjoy the natural beauty of the Cornish landscape, connect with the elements, meet other women or just
- Diva Destinations – for a great range of LGBT holidays. Diva Destinations is a company where their friendly, professional and personal service will make you feel relaxed and open when discussing your holiday requirements, focus on yourself, relax, pamper yourself and simply have a great time.
- Home Around the World – access to a wealth of lesbian and gay information sites & try their home page to discover the best gay homes to stay in around the world!
- WalkingWomen – has been running guided walking holidays in beautiful locations throughout the world since 2000. Our holidays are about un-pressured walking in beautiful scenery, or challenge and adventure if that’s what you want.
- B Spirits– For uniquely personal intros
- Gay Times Magazine – The UK ‘s leading gay life and style magazine. From the latest news, reviews and fashion to a comprehensive national scene and travel guide.
- Gay-Z – The search engine for Gay Britain.
- Gingerbeer – Providing up-to-date information on women-only events, lesbian clubs, dyke bars, queer shops and gay restaurants
- Pride Angel – a social networking connection site, forum and blog which has been set up to connect co-parents, sperm donors and egg donors worldwide.
- Clare Summerskill – official website of the comedienne.
[Up-dated 4 December 2017]